Monday, January 20, 2014

Another log for the quiver...

I've been hunting around for a few years for something special for the quiver. On my weekly perusal of eBay I found this old treasure and managed to win the auction for under $100!

It's coming all the way from South Australia but it should arrive by the weekend if all goes to plan.

It's not the prettiest looking old mal, but I plan on making this a restoration project to try and get her back to some of her former glory. A bit of elbow grease should get the trashy spray paint and gel coat off.

She measures up at 9'6" x 22" x 3" double stringer, big old rolled belly and original D fin! It's waterproof and ready to surf this autumn. I really can't wait to get this baby in the water, and ultimately when I've got somewhere to work on her, back to original condition.

Might need to start doing some pushups though, I'd say she's a bit heavier than the new logs I've been riding.










No comments:

Post a Comment