Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Whailin Wednesday

The last two afternoons have been epic.

Offshore winds and a consistent swell...dreams!

I leave work with just enough time to ride home, grab a log and head to the beach to catch the last hour of daylight. I will say in response to my previous post, now winter is here it's really kicked in. Water temps are definitely on the drop and there's a chill in the air as the day starts to fade. Safe to say this may have been the last surf in boardies/vest for a few months.

We also managed to get a snap of this big boy cruising up the coast! Who needs whale watching tours, just go surfing and you'll see it all!


It's been a while since I've had a decent surf on the Step Deck. The JBS log I've been riding has been so good it's been hard to go past it. Unfortunately I've run out of wax and things have been getting a bit slippery out on the penguin. Sometimes its handy to have a spare log up your sleeve...







...and much fun was had on that day!

Ph


2 comments: